More than one in three Americans worked in the Gig Economy during the past year.*
That’s 57 million people!
- The number of full-time permanent jobs is rapidly decreasing.
- The freelance (occasional work) economy is growing three times faster than the traditional full-time workforce.
- This once ‘fringe employment’ model is now mainstream.
- Businesses are planning to substantially increase the use of ‘gig’ workers.
- By 2023, 52% of the US workforce will be in the Gig Economy.
The Rainmakers Internship and Preparation Program (RIPP), which was developed and is offered by The Internship Depot, provides opportunities for participating middle and high school students to learn about, prepare for, and subsequently enter the Gig Economy, where they can earn money before they graduate from high school. Our activities fit in the small spaces of time available to today’s busy students, and include after-school teleconferences and webinars, fun but challenging team competitions, interactions with business mentors, and engaging events during which participants learn AND PRACTICE the skills they will need to generate income that will help them pay for college or trade school, transportation, and other necessities.
RIPP offers a variety of classroom lessons, podcasts, résumé review, online activities, and curated TED© talks that will help students understand the world of work and what will be expected of them.
With our extensive training and mentoring, students can ‘enter’ the Gig economy where they can generate income that will help them pay for college, trade school, transportation, and other necessities.