Colleges and employers alike value and reward high school students who serve internships.
The statistics back that statement! Check this out:
- Over 60% of employers stress the importance of students focusing on careers in high school.*
- About 90% of employers agree that internships in high school provide students with a competitive advantage when seeking future internships and full-time jobs.*
- In fact, 70% of employers claim that a high school internship would be ‘very likely’ or ‘completely likely’ to land the student a college internship that 45% of those same employers claimed would ‘likely’ turn into a full-time job.*
- Surveys of college admissions officials indicate that they look for evidence of accomplishment in activities that build leadership, contribute to personal achievement, and create depth, not breadth of experience.
- Career development activities, such as internships, are becoming increasingly important for high school students who want to get into better colleges and find future employment.**
Colleges provide more internship opportunities for students who have served internships in high school. College internships routinely lead to job offers by sponsoring employers. Thus, high school internships can lead to more job opportunities for students who serve them.
Students can receive all the above benefits by securing and serving a dynamic internship experience through The Rainmakers Internship and Preparation Program (RIPP). Our classroom lessons, online activities, live competitive games, web-based training, interactions with business Mentors, and reinvented internships make the whole experience challenging, fun, and meaningful. And doable, because we stretch our activities out through middle and high school and become a small but persistent voice in support of career awareness in students’ lives.
CLICK HERE to learn more about what colleges look for as they make their admissions decisions. RNMKRRNMKR
*’High School Careers.’ Millennial Branding and Internships.com.
**Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).